Microsoft Teams is currently one of the most popular UCaaS tools in the world, providing businesses with an easy way to keep colleagues connected, wherever they are. The standard Teams experience can increase productivity, efficiency, and corporate culture in any business. However, some businesses have unique needs depending on their industry or sector.
Microsoft Teams for Healthcare is the Teams solution designed specifically for healthcare brands. The technology combines all of the best features of Microsoft Teams with solutions designed specifically for the healthcare industry, including Teams policy packaging, HIPAA compliance, and more. You can even integrate your electronic medical record.
Here’s what you need to know to get the most out of Microsoft Teams in Healthcare.
Explore Microsoft Teams for Healthcare
The Microsoft Teams experience in healthcare is part of Microsoft Cloud for Healthcare, which combines Teams UCaaS with Azure, dynamics, Microsoft 365, etc. This solution supports some critical features for healthcare brands, such as:
- Integration of electronic health record
- Teams Strategy Packages
- Team health care models
- Secure messaging
- Coordination of care and collaboration
Let’s take a closer look at what you can do with Microsoft Teams for Healthcare.
Integration of electronic health records and virtual visits
Probably the coolest features of Microsoft Teams in the era of the global pandemic, EHR integration and virtual tours mean healthcare professionals can plan, manage and organize crucial appointments in the digital world with their patients.
Organizations that already use electronic health records can integrate Microsoft Teams for the complete experience. The Teams Electronic Health Record Connector enables clinicians to quickly initiate virtual consultations and alternate provider appointments in Teams from within the EHR environment. There is also the Microsoft Bookings app if you don’t have an EHR.
The Virtual Consult experience within Teams brings patients and clinicians together with high-quality video, audio and screen sharing opportunities, all in a secure meeting environment. This paves the way for better telehealth workflows in a rapidly changing digital world. We recommend checking out some of the videos and tips available from Teams if you’re just getting started.
Secure messaging for healthcare companies
Messaging is quickly emerging as the preferred way to stay connected in a digital world. With Microsoft Teams, healthcare professionals can quickly send messages, connect with a specialist, and even send pictures or files over the web. It’s a great way to quickly relay information without having to struggle with HIPAA compliance.
Few apps offer the same secure messaging experience you can get for Microsoft Teams in the healthcare environment. You also get the added benefit of being able to track all of your conversations across teams, rather than having to manage and switch between apps.
Some of the features available that enhance secure messaging capabilities on Teams include:
- Federated messaging: It is easy to exchange messages with organizations and hospitals outside your organization, so that you can gain new perspectives on various conditions and issues. These messages are always securely encrypted
- Status message: If you’re busy saving lives or dealing with a patient, you can delegate another recipient in your status message and direct anyone trying to reach you to someone who can help.
- Priority notifications: urgent messages let clinicians and professionals know when someone needs an answer immediately. The message can be repeatedly delivered to someone for up to 20 minutes, until someone responds
- Smart camera: If you need to take photos to aid in a diagnosis, Teams can help. It’s easy to send and receive pictures, even in a virtual consultation, without having to worry about saving the pictures to phones elsewhere. All images are stored securely on the Teams platform, with no privacy risks
A hub for the coordination of patient care
Microsoft Teams creates a fantastic care coordination solution ideal for today’s healthcare organizations. The tool helps deliver a new level of patient care within the Microsoft Teams Patients app – a tabbed app for Microsoft Teams that integrates with your electronic health records to bring useful information to the Teams environment. .
You can also use Teams to:
- Collaborate in care: Doctors and other healthcare professionals can organize meetings and conversations on a range of devices, obtaining information from specialists and experts on how to solve complex problems.
- Streamline administration: Today’s businesses can streamline shifts and staff workflows through the Teams environment. The landscape makes it quick and easy to share announcements across the organization and provides scheduling flexibility. Admins can also schedule meetings and appointments with external users using the Teams landscape.
- Support for front-line workers: Essential for anyone in the healthcare environment not working behind a desk, Teams has frontline worker support and access to the Shifts app, so you can easily coordinate ‘where staff should be at all times
- Security and compliance: Teams provides the highest level of security and compliance for today’s healthcare organizations. Technological meat standards such as SOC 1 and 2, GDPR guidelines, HITRUST, and they are also fully HIPAA compliant
Complete control and visibility
Microsoft Teams in the Healthcare Environment provides healthcare professionals with a centralized space that anyone can use to stay connected. There is access to tools to interact with patients in a virtual landscape, when in-person appointments are not available. Physicians and surgeons can use their Teams environment to send information to other specialists, collaborate on complex cases, and set up meetings with the rest of their staff.
Elsewhere, nurses and professionals on the go can coordinate their workflow with the help of Microsoft Teams and ensure patients are always receiving the highest quality of care. You can even download apps for teams that remind staff members to follow up on patients for follow-up or send reminders when a new appointment needs to be scheduled.
In the administration environment, Microsoft Teams makes it easy to share information with staff, from advice on new guidelines for patient safety and management to updates on planning. Because the full Teams communication and collaboration environment exists in the same landscape, IT pros can also ensure that staff have a compliant and efficient way to connect and collaborate wherever they go. is located.
For compliance purposes, audit reporting, discovery, and loss prevention technology are all part of the complete Microsoft Teams kit.