DALLAS, August 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Revision Skincare®one of the leading medical-grade professional skincare brands, today announced a partnership with RVL Pharmaceuticals, Inc., owner of UPNEEQ®the first and only prescription eye drops approved by the FDA for the treatment of acquired ptosis (low eyelids) in adults.
This strategic partnership brings together two unique disruptors within the aesthetics and skincare industries, both focused on providing patients with high quality results. With shared values and visions for business growth and an expanding footprint, the collaboration aligns two groundbreaking brands to deliver more accessible solutions to patients and aesthetic providers nationwide.
For more than two decades, Revision Skincare® has been at the forefront of physician-delivered brands. From pioneering use of peptides to developing proprietary technologies and researching new ingredients, this professional skincare brand creates high-potency, clinically validated products that protect, treat and improve skin.
As another company invested in optimal patient health, RVL Pharmaceuticals offers suitable patients a non-surgical solution for acquired ptosis and delivers results in as little as 5 minutes with UPNEEQ.®
“We know that RVL Pharmaceuticals has many choices when it comes to commercial partnerships. We are excited to join this mission with RVL to bring innovative solutions to patients“, said Maria CarellCEO and President, Revision Skincare®.
Through this partnership, Revision Skincare® and RVL Pharmaceuticals will provide broader access to breakthrough innovations like D E J Eye Cream®Revox™ Line Relaxer and UPNEEQ®. The two companies plan to collaborate on a variety of marketing efforts within the medical aesthetics industry, working together to address significant unmet consumer needs.
“We are thrilled to partner with Revision Skincare®! Their strong history of innovation and passion for skin health aligns with our core directive around ocular medical aesthetics,” said Brian MarkisonCEO, RVL Pharmaceuticals.
Review skin care® and RVL Pharmaceuticals have an unwavering commitment to innovation as consumers, patients and healthcare partners look to them to provide solutions for their patients’ medical aesthetic needs. For more information, contact your local aesthetic skin care professional’s office.
About Revision Skincare®
Review skin care® is an industry leader in the development of high potency, clinically validated, transformative skin care products. Our unique formulation philosophy is an integrated approach that delivers maximum effectiveness while maintaining long-term skin health. Situated at Irving, TXRevision Skincare is sold in over 16 countries.
About RVL Pharmaceuticals
RVL Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the commercialization of UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1%, for the treatment of acquired blepharoptosis, or low eyelids, in adults. UPNEEQ is considered the first FDA-approved non-surgical treatment option for acquired blepharoptosis.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
UPNEEQ® (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1% is indicated for the treatment of acquired blepharoptosis in adults.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Ptosis may be associated with neurological or orbital diseases such as stroke and/or cerebral aneurysm, Horner’s syndrome, myasthenia gravis, external ophthalmoplegia, orbital infection and orbital masses. These conditions should be considered in the presence of ptosis with decreased levator function and/or other neurological signs.
- Alpha-adrenergic agonists as a class can impact blood pressure. Advise UPNEEQ patients with cardiovascular disease, orthostatic hypotension and/or uncontrolled hypertension or hypotension to seek medical attention if their condition worsens.
- Use UPNEEQ with caution in patients with cerebral or coronary insufficiency or Sjögren’s syndrome. Advise patients to seek medical attention if signs and symptoms of potentiation of vascular insufficiency develop.
- UPNEEQ may increase the risk of angle-closure glaucoma in patients with untreated angle-closure glaucoma. Advise patients to seek immediate medical attention if signs and symptoms of acute angle-closure glaucoma develop.
- Patients should not touch the end of the disposable container with their eyes or any other surface, in order to avoid eye damage or contamination of the solution.
Adverse Reactions Occurring in 1-5% of Subjects Treated with UPNEEQ® were punctate keratitis, conjunctival hyperemia, dry eye, blurred vision, instillation site pain, eye irritation and headache.
- Alpha-adrenergic agonists, as a class, can impact blood pressure. Caution is advised when using medications such as beta-blockers, antihypertensives and/or cardiac glycosides. Caution should also be exercised in patients receiving alpha-adrenergic receptor antagonists, such as in the treatment of cardiovascular disease or benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Caution is advised in patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors which may affect the metabolism and absorption of circulating amines.
Contact: Revision Skincare PR
Company: M Booth
Tel: (212) 481-7000
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE Revision Skincare