Senior national and local government officials, mayors of the National Capital Region (NCR) and other experts are expected to hold a town hall to discuss ways to safely reopen the economy amid the continued threat of the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19).
The said town hall will be headed by Presidential Advisor for Entrepreneurship Joey Concepcion and President of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Benhur Abalos. It can be streamed on Go Negosyo’s Facebook page on August 23 at 9 a.m.
Those expected to join the discussions are the leaders of the government’s pandemic task force, namely Health Secretary Francisco Duque III and the mayors of Metro Manila.
Dr Alethea de Guzman, specialist in the Epidemiology Office of the Department of Health, Dr Alethea de Guzman and fr. Nicanor Austriaco and Prof. Guido David.
The epidemiologist and senior technical adviser, Dr John Wong of Epimetrics, was to present the means that the country can undertake after the blockages. Several mayors of Metro Manila will also be on hand to provide their respective contributions during the discussion.
The town hall meeting comes days after a two-week Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) in the NCR amid the increase in COVID-19 cases and the spread of the Delta variant.
Metro Manila and Laguna were downgraded to Modified ECQ (MECQ) from August 21 through August 31. Bataan was also demoted to MECQ from August 23 until the end of the month.
It may be recalled that several proposals, including the restriction of the movement of unvaccinated persons and the opening of commercial establishments exclusively for fully vaccinated persons, have been put forward by the private sector. Malacañang had previously indicated that he would consider such proposals once 50 percent of the population of the NCR is fully immunized.
This was not the first town hall that Concepcion and Abalos headed to discuss how the country can deal with the ongoing crisis. Earlier this month, they held discussions on how the country can take advantage of the ECQ period.
At the First Town Hall this month, Concepcion said the private sector had made the right decision to suggest putting NCR under ECQ because something “more difficult” would be faced by the country if the government did not decide. to do.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE DAILY NEWSLETTER
CLICK HERE TO JOIN